The first time I heard “Titi Me Preguntó”, I was hooked on Bad Bunny. I understood enough of the lyrics and vibes to get his sense of humour, and his voice and music were exquisite. That song reminded of me being young and single back in the day, and having people asking me about my beeswax. 😆 I kept listening and learning the Puertorriqueño Spanish and it’s not unlike the Français Acadien that I know and love.
Bad Bunny mixes deep messages about love, culture, economic disparity, and politics, but with humour and very danceable beats. He keeps his regional accent and dialect, and he plays around with fashion and style. (Here in the Maritimes, we can catch P'tit Belliveau, from "up the bay" doing his thing his way with his Acadian French. I saw P'tit Belliveau live, and it was incredible -- so singable and danceable. He's not at Bad Bunny-level global recognition yet, but maybe un jour! Buddy puts on a good show, though.)
Anyway, I really regretted not seeing Bad Bunny's 2024 tour, where he did a show in Toronto, so I vowed to get a ticket asap. The DtMF (Debí tírar Mas Fotos) album is such a cultural masterpiece that I did not hesitate to buy tickets that lined up with my vacation dates. The most appealing date and flight path led us to Paris on July 4th! It was an incredible show, with three main sets, and a great Puertorriqueño family band called Chuwi as the opening act.
July 2026, (Paris, La Défense Arena)
I screamed, I laughed, I cried, I danced my 🍑 off, and so did Mike, Chloe and Sylvie — great sports! Plus, we all got lanyards with "cameras" attached, which contained LED lights that flashed in different colours all around the arena, to the beat of the music, making everyone part of the light-show and party atmosphere. At the end of the concert, people sang his songs together on the way out. 💖
No comments:
Post a Comment